-
December 9th, 2004, 10:54 PM
#11
Inactive Member
unfortunately, the way i 'dig in' with the hats, i have a feeling i'll use up a whole batch in a few tunes!
now if someone made a bamboo stick?
-
December 10th, 2004, 12:38 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Casey Scheuerell has a VF sig stick in maple, which is great if you want a big yet light stick. Not sure if it's still widely available though.
-
December 10th, 2004, 03:31 AM
#13
Inactive Member
I went through a maple phase... tried almost all of the above mentioned sticks and the best maple stick IMO went unmentioned here...
AYOTTE "Jammer"
Believe it or not, Ayotte does make sticks and the maple sticks are great... only problem is that maple seems to break much quicker, oftem before wearing-out like hickory, and it's a very clean break usually... and very spontanious! Hickory holds up better, and I don't mind a heavier stick nowadays.
Currently I am using the Vic Firth Weckls, the burgundy ones, not the evolutions... can't stand those.
-
December 10th, 2004, 11:43 AM
#14
Inactive Member
I love the Vater Blasters. They feel great in my fingers. The coating is great too.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 10, 2004 07:55 AM: Message edited by: drumbuddy ]</font>
-
December 10th, 2004, 11:57 AM
#15
Inactive Member
One of the teachers here in the UK I see uses SD9's, totally swears by them...
Also look at the size of the tree trunks Thomas Lang uses. It all down to what fits in your hand. If you are gripping hold of a stick that is hard to hold (because there is nothing to it), you'll grip too hard, over compensate and fatigue easily.
Makes sense really. A Vic Firth 5B is the right size, weight, balance and feel for my hand...
If you've got time, check out this article I wrote on stick selection. It's the first of 5 articles at 45,000 words it's the most comprehensive stick study out there. (And it's an insight as to how boring I am!!! [img]wink.gif[/img] )
http://www.mikedolbear.co.uk/story.a...59&Source=Arch
MP
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks